Our Safety and Well-Being Promise builds upon Manoir Hovey’s already high standards of housekeeping, food & beverage and overall hygiene.
Manoir Hovey uses the highest-grade cleaning products and enhanced safety protocols are currently in place. The goal with the Safety and Well-Being protocol is to serve as both an assurance and a promise that the well-being and safety of our guests and team members is our number one priority.
Our Safety and Well-Being Promise focuses on three key pillars:
Prevention. Cleanliness. Reducing Contact.
During your stay, you will experience a heightened focus throughout the entire hotel – public areas, guest rooms, restaurants, bars and outlets.
Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by a member of our guest services team who will assist you with your check-in process and answer any questions you may have regarding Manoir Hovey’s new safety and sanitary measures. Certain services have been modified to ensure your comfort, safety and well-being. A detailed pamphlet is available for you to consult in the comfort of your guestroom.
Our staff will guide you to an appropriate parking spot and offer assistance with luggage. This assistance will be provided by an employee wearing a mask and gloves (new gloves for each guest). We will request an approximate departure time for your luggage assistance. An express departure will be explained eliminating the need to come to the reception desk. Payments will be made by credit or debit card only. Your credit card will be sanitized before being returned to you. Invoices will be sent by email only to limit contact.
MASK & GLOVES
Kitchen, housekeeping, waterfront staff, luggage assistance and service team members will wear masks & gloves for safety and prevention as long as it is recommended by Quebec Public Health and until further notice. Disposable masks will be available for guests at the reception upon request.
Upon arrival, all team members are required to get their temperatures taken daily with infrared, touchless thermometers. Guests can request a touchless temperature check at any time and anyone showing or experiencing symptoms will be requested to have a touchless temperature reading taken.
PLEXI-SHIELD PROTECTIVE BARRIER T RECEPTION
A shield protector has been added to the reception desk and will be added to other areas when and if deemed necessary or recommended by Public Health.
• Team members will follow and enforce social distancing policies and procedures for all persons on property at all times until further notice.
• There will be visual reminders for guests and team members to practice social distancing.
• Public areas inside and outside Manoir Hovey have been rearranged to follow adequate social distancing practices.
• Le Hatley Restaurant and Le Tap Room Bistro seating have been rearranged to follow social distancing guidelines, both inside and outside where applicable.
• Manoir Hovey will only allow houseguests who have room or dining reservations onto the property. No property or room visits will be permitted for “walk in” guests without advance approval until further notice.
SANITATION AND DISINFECTION TECHNOLOGY
Electrostatic disinfectant technology as well as antimicrobial fogging sanitizing and cleaning systems will soon be implemented and to be used in all rooms, meeting areas, pool, bathrooms, and outdoor seating areas. UV light disinfection technology will be used to treat high touch surfaces as well as guest key cards and menus.
HAND SANITIZER DISPENSERS
Hand sanitizing stations have been added around the property (indoor & outdoor) and the back of house. All employees and guests are required to sanitize hands immediately upon entering or reentering any of the Manor’s buildings.
HAND SANITIZERS IN GUESTROOMS
All guest rooms will have hand sanitizers for in room use.
Full Turndown service is temporarily suspended in an effort to reduce circulation in guest rooms after guest arrival. Housekeepers remain, nevertheless, available in the evening to cater to requests with deliveries of essential housekeeping supplies to your door.
CONSTANT CLEANING AND SANITIZING THROUGHOUT THE PROPERTY
• Additional guest room sanitation and cleaning procedures have been implemented to cleanliness guidelines.
• Additional housekeepers have been added with the sole responsibility to constantly clean and sanitize high touch areas and public areas including but not limited to high traffic areas.
• Masks will be mandatory for both the client and the therapist at all times.
• Your therapist will be wearing a transparent face shield as well as a protective disposable suit.
• Therapists will wipe down the treatment room with disinfectant between each client.
• As usual, sheets, blankets, face cradles and pillow will all be changed between each client.
• Most non-essential high touch items have been removed from guest rooms including but not limited to decorative pillows, magazines and guide books. In room information binders as well as room and drink service menus have been converted to a digital format which can be viewed using one’s smart phone or tablet through the use of QR codes. Personal paper copies of these can also be delivered upon request.
• In room glassware has been temporarily replaced with disposable / recyclable and sealed paper cups.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
• Both our restaurants, Le Hatley and Le Tap Room are open and seating has been modified to follow the most recent social distancing rules.
• At this time we are limiting the access to the property and gardens to houseguests and clients with a reservation at one of your two restaurants.
• An extensive in-room dining menu is available to respond to the growing demand of “to-go” options. Items from this menu can be delivered to your guestroom door.
• Snack options and picnic baskets are also available for pre-order for you to take with you for an outdoor excursions or to enjoy on our vast lakeside property.
• All wine selections from Manoir Hovey’s 8500 bottle collection are available for room delivery and pick up.
Please note all procedures and adapted programming are subject to change based on guidance from Quebec Public Health, the Government of Canada and / or any other applicable governmental authorities.